Advice on public speech skills
Vocal Coach. Public speech. Voice improvement. How to make voice more powerful.
• Please give attention to lower jaw, to the way you open it, remember, just by putting two fingers on both sides between jaws ( whilst you are rehearsing your speech) you release all the tension of muscles in that area. It will bring out more vibrant, resonating voice. Your audience will love it.
• Please smile when you speak/sing, it doesn’t matter that the content of speech is sad or happy, it’s simply for the purpose of a good sound resonance
• Breath ( inhale) lower and faster. Then just exhale and place whole phrase on that air.
• Take your time ;-)) create gaps/ pauses between phrases (1–2 seconds). It will allow your audience to understand the content on a much deeper level.
• Please start to use your arms and body language.
• Project your sound further, just imagine that the person / audience , let’s say, is 20 metres away
• Try to explore different tempos of your speech, where you could work on your articulation and details, your breathing will work differently, while you are speaking in different tempos
If you want to find out more tips on how improve your voice and stage confidence, read my Blog