EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE FOR YOUR TEACHING SERVICES/SINGING LESSONS/VOCAL COACH SERVICES?
£120 – 1 hour
£180 -1.30 hour
£240 – 2 hours
WHERE DO YOU HOLD YOUR SINGING LESSONS?
I have few places in Central London where I give singing lessons and provide vocal coaching, please contact me to discuss the details
My most preferred place to work with students is BLÜTHNER STUDIOS, located at 6 Baker Street,
London, W1U 3AA, 5 min walk from Bond Street Tube station.
At the moment, I work only via Zoom/Skype due to lockdown restrictions.
There are other venues where I work: please contact me to discuss the details.
DO YOU HAVE SPECIFIC TEACHING QUALIFICATIONS?
I have Bmus in Singing Teaching , Master in Musical Performance RCM & Artist Opera Diploma International Opera Studio London
APPROPRIATE SONGS FOR KIDS TO SING
I haven’t listed any adult songs or adult themed songs however please don’t limit yourself to singing songs even if they have adult words in them – perhaps ask a parent to help you change the lyrics of the song so that you can eliminate the inappropriate words. For example part of the Price Tag song you can change the word Video hoe to Video Girl.
These are just some ideas..
- Girls can sing boys songs and boys can sing girls songs just change some lyrics if need be
- Make a fast song slow
- Make a slow song fast
- Change the feel of the song e.g Pop song have an RnB feel or an old song more modern
- Make a solo song a group song or as a duet
- Mash up song songs!
WHERE CAN I PRACTICE MY VOCAL SKILLS?
Top Open Mic Nights In London
More Open Mic Nights
Open Mic Online Directories
WHERE CAN I FIND A GOOD RECORDING STUDIO IN LONDON?
WHERE CAN I FIND GOOD REHEARSAL ROOMS IN LONDON for SINGING LESSONS/REHEARSAL OF YOUR BAND?
HOW CAN I IMPROVE MY ARTICULATION AND DICTION SKILLS?
It’s not so difficult as you think. Please see below attached tongue twisters which will help you immensely during your singing lessons. Try to read slowly but give attention to every syllable, consonant and vowel. Experiment with loud and quiet sound. Imagine that the audience is sitting far away from you and project the sound, make it clear.
Collection of international tonque twisters http://www.tongue-twister.net/index.htm
English tongue twisters http://www.tongue-twister.net/en.htm
GOOD VOCAL EXERCISES FOR CLASSICAL SINGERS?
Theoretical and Practical Vocal Method, Op 31 (Méthode de chant théorique et pratique, Op.31) (Marchesi, Mathilde) https://imslp.org/wiki/Méthode_de_chant_théorique_et_pratique%2C_Op.31_(Marchesi%2C_Mathilde)
TONQUE TWISTERS WHICH WILL IMPROVE YOUR DICTION AND ARTICULATION SKILLS.
Try to explore these tongue twisters. By doing so you do the same training as professional actors, public speakers around the world and boost immensely your articulation and diction. Please give more attention to the way you attack consonants, try to perceive them differently, make them sharper, more clear and perhaps, louder. Train in front of the mirror. Imagine that you are in a bigger space surrounded by audience.
- Classic Tongue Twisters
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers?
Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, and chuck as much wood,
as a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
- She sells sea shells by the seashore.
- Betty bought a bit of butter.
But the butter Betty bought was bitter.
so Betty bought a better butter,
and it was better than the butter Betty bought before.
[Variation of Carolyn Wells The Butter Betty Bought published 1899.]
- Difficult Tongue Twisters
- Silly Sally swiftly shooed seven silly sheep.
The seven silly sheep Silly Sally shooed
These sheep shouldn’t sleep in a shack;
Sheep should sleep in a shed.
- The sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick.
[According to The Guinness Book of World Records this is the toughest tongue twister – so far.]
- Funny Tongue Twisters
- Round the rough and rugged rock the ragged rascal rudely ran.
- All I want is a proper cup of coffee,
Made in a proper copper coffee pot
I may be off my dot
But I want a cup of coffee
From a proper coffee pot.
- Tin coffee pots and iron coffee pots
They’re no use to me –
If I can’t have a proper cup of coffee
In a proper copper coffee pot
I’ll have a cup of tea.
- Amidst the mists and coldest frosts,
With stoutest wrists and loudest boasts,
He thrusts his fists against the posts,
And still insists he sees the ghosts.
- Two tiny timid toads trying to trot to Tarrytown.
- Nine nimble noblemen nibbling nuts.
- Quizzical quiz, kiss me quick.
- Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager managing an imaginary menagerie.
- What a to do to die today
At a minute or two to two
A thing distinctly hard to say
And harder still to do.
- For they’ll beat a tattoo at twenty to two
And the dragon will come when he hears the drum,
At a minute or two to two today
At a minute or two to two.
- Eve eating eagerly elegant Easter eggs.
- Ingenious iguanas improvising an intricate impromptu on impossibly-impractical instruments.
- These thousand tricky tongue twisters trip thrillingly off the tongue.
- Tongue Twisters for Kids
- A proper copper coffee pot.
- One-One was a racehorse.
Two-Two was one, too.
When One-One won one race,
Two-Two won one, too.
- Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t fuzzy, was he?
- Which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches?
- If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
- Easy Tongue Twisters
- He threw three free throws.
- I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.
- If you notice this notice, you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
- Nine nice night nurses nursing nicely.
- I like New York, unique New York, I like unique New York.
- Four fine fresh fish for you.
- A proper cup of coffee from a proper copper coffee pot.
- Short Tongue Twisters (3x)
- Six sticky skeletons.
- Which witch is which?
- She sees cheese.
- Stupid superstition.
- Eleven benevolent elephants.
- Truly rural.
- Tongue Twisters About Thinking & Feeling
- Three thin thinkers thinking thick thoughtful thoughts.
- Of all the felt I ever felt,
I never felt a piece of felt
which felt as fine as that felt felt,
when first I felt that felt hat’s felt.
- I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish,
but if you wish the wish the witch wishes,
I won’t wish the wish you wish to wish.
- I thought, I thought of thinking of thanking you.
- I thought a thought.
But the thought I thought wasn’t the thought I thought I thought.
If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn’t have thought so much.